Build Game-a-tron, an online score keeping plugin for WordPress. Do you frequently play old Atari games at your office? Are you keeping score using sticky notes stuck to the wall? Forget all that and let’s build an app that will store the scores online for you and your co-workers.
- Custom post type of ‘Score’ and custom taxonomy of ‘Game’
- Meta for Score: Player’s name (up to 4 characters) and Player’s score (up to 6 characters)
- Game view should show no more than the top 10 scores for the game ordered by score
- You should be able to easily switch between games
- You should be able to create a new game
- You should be able to enter a new score for a game
You can see Game-a-tron in all its glory here. You can follow the step-by-step guide below to see how I built it.